- Chihuahuas are recognized as the smallest breed of dog in the world
- Chihuahua’s brains are the largest of any breed, when compared to the size of their bodies/
- The Chihuahua was considered sacred to the Aztec and Toltec tribes of Mexico.
- The remains of Chihuahuas have been found buried with humans in Mexico and the United States
- According to the AKC the Chihuahua is the 10th most popular breed in the United States with 24,930 purebred Chihuahuas registered in 2003
- A Chihuahua once adopted and nursed an entire litter of kittens! (Dog finds homes for 45 kittens).
- The “Taco Bell dog” is actually a female. An 8 lb Chi named Gidget
- There is a state in México named Chihuahua
- No one actually knows the Chihuahua breeds true origins
- Chihuahuas love to sunbathe
- The largest litter a female Chihuahua has ever given birth to is 6, or 7….wait no it’s 10 ChihuaWOW!. The Guinness book record for the largest litter ever by any breed of dog is 23 and is shared by an American foxhound, Saint Bernard, and a Great Dane
- Although recognized as the smallest breed, the Guinness Book of world records list a Yorkshire Terrier, not a Chihuahua, as the single smallest living dog, measuring 8 inches long, 4.75 inches to the shoulder and weighing in at 1lb
- Most Chihuahuas are born with floppy ears that stand up as they get older
- Chihuahuas have been mistaken for pit-bulls, don’t believe us? Chihuahua or Pit Bull?.
- The first Chihuahua was registered by the AKC in 1904
- Chihuahuas were used as hot packs in ancient times for aches and pains
- Chihuahuas snore!! Our Dexter is living proof !
- Chihuahuas come with both long and smooth coats
- Chihuahuas can cure asthma – We’re not to sure where this one came from, but if you don’t believe that some actually believe this to be true visit your local search engine and search "Chihuahuas and Asthma"
- Chihuahuas may have been introduced to Mexico by the Chinese.
- Chihuahuas were brought to Mexico by the Spaniards
- The Chihuahua is considered to be the only breed of domesticated dog truly indigenous to the American continent. There is no doubt they have been here the longest of all the domesticated breeds.
- Chihuahuas are the cutest dogs on the planet!! While we think this should go above as "Fact", we realize not everyone may agree.
- Teacup Chihuahuas are really small. WRONG, a Chihuahua is a Chihuahua is a Chihuahua. There is not such thing as a "miniature", "teacup", or "toy" Chihuahua only bigger or smaller Chihuahuas.
- If you get a Chihuahua really worked up his eyes will fall out, we assure you this is untrue, Duke gets about as worked up as a dog can get when a stranger comes around and boy do they bulge, but to date both of his eyes are right where they should be and our Vet assures us they aren’t going anywhere.
- We’ve all heard the one about the vacationing couple who buys a "Chihuahua puppy" only to get home and find out it’s a sewer rat. Any one who loves Chihuahuas knows they are far too cute to ever be mistaken for a rodent!
( info taken from DexDog.com)